Learning English will open more opportunities!
1. Start with believing in yourself
Afraid to speak. Scared to people would make fun of me.
2. Listen. Speak. Read. Write. Repeat
Listen a little. Speak a little. Read a little. Write a little. Then, listen a little more. Speak a little more. Read a little more. Write a little more. Do this, till it becomes a habit.
3. Keep your ears open
English is everywhere. It’s in online videos, news channels, on radio. So listen and build your vocabulary.
4. Find the answer in the question
Questions are like mirrors. Reverse the question, and find the answer.
Does he…? Yes, he does
Is it…? Yes, it is
Can you? Yes, I can
5. Make the mirror your best friend
Speak to it in English, and it will make you feel confident about the way you are speaking.
6. Read full sentences
You learnt Hindi, Tamil or Telugu in full sentences. Then why should learning English be any different. Read full sentences, speak in sentences.
7. Keep calm and do not worry about grammar
Remember, even those who speak English fluently make grammatical mistakes. But, what they do right, is communicate without worrying about them.
8. Find an English newspaper and learn a word a day
Keep your fear of new English words away.
9. Use the word before it leaves you
Use the new word immediately to feel confident about it’s usage.
10. Practice. Practice. Practice. Till it makes you perfect
There are no shortcuts in life. Definitely, no shortcuts to learn English.